Botanical Name: Capsicum annum
Common Names: Cayenne Peppers & African Birdseye Pepper
90,000 Heat Units
Herb: Cayenne Pepper, 90,000 HU - Organic - 1 Oz.
Organic Cayenne Pepper Powder:
- Regulates the flow of blood from the head to the feet so that blood pressure is equalized; influencing the heart immediately (actually equalizes blood pressure instantly), then gradually extending its effects to the arteries, capillaries, and nerves (the frequency of the pulse is not increased, but is given more vigor).
- is useful in alleviating allergies, muscle cramps, and improving indigestion
- gives more pep and energy
- helps wound healing with minimal scar tissue.
- is a counter-irritant; it brings blood to the surface and allows the toxins to be taken away.
Cayenne is a powerful rubefacient, (helps the body remove toxins from the blood)
Use as a plaster with honey for rheumatic pains, pains of the joints, gout, swellings, etc.
Use outwardly as a liniment, apply it warm or hot for arthritis and rheumatism; gargle for scarlet fever; use an infusion for ulcers in the mouth, strep throat or tonsillitis.
Eases toothache; preserves the teeth from rotting, and when rubbed on the gums, stimulates them enough to prevent pyorrhea.
Cayenne pepper is an effective therapeutic agent against anorexia, liver congestion, and vascular troubles. Capsicum is highly effective in causing hemorrhoids to regress; and has the same action on varicose veins.
Capsicum is very soothing; it is effective as a poultice for rheumatism, inflammation, pleurisy, sores, and wounds. It is a stimulant when taken internally as well as being antispasmodic;
Some people apply capsicum to the skin for pain caused by shingles, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia. It is also used topically for nerve pain(neuropathy) associated with diabetes and HIV, other types of nerve pain (neuralgia), and back pain.
Capsicum is also used on the skin to relieve muscle spasms, and as a gargle for laryngitis; and seems to reduce pain sensations when applied to the skin.
Use ¼ to ½ teaspoon of the pepper to 1 cup boiling water. Take warm, 1 tablespoon at a time. Put powder or tincture on cuts, to stop bleeding and to prevent scarring.