Botanical Name: Vitex agnus castus
Common Names: Chaste tree fruit, monk's pepper
Chaste Tree Berries Powder should not to be taken during pregnancy.
Herb: Chaste Berries - Organic - 1 Oz.
Chaste berry is sometimes called “the women’s herb.” It is used for:
- menstrual cycle irregularities
- premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- symptoms of menopause.
- treating “lumpy” (fibrocystic) breasts
- female infertility
- preventing miscarriage in women with low levels of progesterone
- controlling bleeding
- helping the body force out the placenta after childbirth
- increasing breast milk.
Some men use it for increasing the flow of urine, for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), and for reducing sexual desire.
Also used for:
- joint conditions
- upset stomach
- spleen disorders
- eye pain
- body inflammation and swelling.