Latin Name: Hypericum perforatum; Other common names for St. John's Wort include Klamath weed, goatweed, witches herb, God's wonder plant and Tipton's weed.
Herb: St. John's Wort - Organic - 1 Oz.
An analysis of 23 clinical studies involving a total of 1757 patients concluded that St. John's Wort is significantly more effective than a placebo and as effective as standard antidepressant medications in the treatment of mild or moderate depression. It also causes fewer side effects than standard antidepressants.
St. John’s Wort is used for:
- Mild to moderate depression
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Menopausal symptoms
- Anxiety Sleep disturbances including insomnia and hypersomnia
- Wounds and burns
- Herpes blisters
- Skin inflammation
- Nerve damage
- Possible supportive therapy for viral infections such as herpes simplex, influenza, Epstein-Barr, mononucleosis, and HIV
Warning: Do not use this product while taking any prescription drug(s) without the advice of your prescribing physician. St. John's Wort should not be used during phototherapy (laser or ultraviolet). Avoid excessive exposure to sunlight when using this product.