Our organic Lactuca virosa (Wild Lettuce) is certified organic by Quality Assurance International, which follows the guidelines for organic certification as put forth by the United States Department of Agriculture and the National Organic Program, and is also certified kosher.
The common name for this dried herb is Lettuce Opium.
Herb: Wild Lettuce Leaf - Organic - 1 Oz.
- whooping cough
- urinary tract problems
- trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- excitability in children
- painful menstrual periods, muscular or joint pains
- poor circulation
- swollen genitals in men (priapism)
- as an opium substitute in cough preparations.
- Wild lettuce has calming, relaxing, and pain relieving effects.
Warning: Ingesting large amounts can slow breathing, cause sweating, fast heartbeat, pupil dilation, dizziness, ringing in the ears, and vision changes. If you feel the beginning of any of these symptoms, stop using Wild Lettuce. Do not ingest Wild Lettuce if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, have the eye condition narrow-angle glaucoma, or have allergies to related plants such as ragweed.